I’ve been loving using coconut oil recently – I use it pretty much in all aspect of my life it’s a little bit weird actually. It’s great for cooking with and also is well ingrained in my beauty regime. I’m combining the two today and sharing with you an easy DIY Body Scrub with only two ingredients.
Making my own body scrub is something that I will probably do forever. Exfoliating my legs with something super moisturising is so important and I get super dry calves, but also making my own means I’m saving money – and I’m not ever buying a body scrub again that contains those little plastic beads. They’re so bad for the environment!
DIY Body Scrub
What you’ll need
- Coconut Oil, I used Blue Coconut
- Coarse Salt, you can use coarse sugar too
- Jar or bowl. I used a Mason Jar as it’s easy to get your hand in and out of.
- In a jar combine equal parts coconut oil and salt.
- Mix well with a flat knife.
- Add more salt or coconut oil if you feel it’s needed. You want the mixture to be easy to pick up, not too dry. Remember: It will start to melt in your hands when you pick it up
- Jump in the shower and wet your body parts that you want to exfoliate with your body scrub.
- Turn off the shower and grab your body scrub.
- Rub a good handful or two all over your body, or your designated areas. Be sure to massage it into your skin well, for optimum exfoliation.
- Rinse off with water.
When you jump out of the shower I would recommend slapping on a layer of coconut oil to keep your legs well moisturised
You can make this a face scrub and exfoliator by adding a little more coconut oil so it’s not so harsh, or a lip scrub by using fine sugar.
Have you ever made your own body scrub before?
Do you use coconut oil in your day-to-day life?