Bounty Bars are hands down one of my all-time favourite chocolate bars. There is definitely something amazing about the coconut and chocolate combination that makes me feel all sorts of good feels.
I was in a bit of rut this weekend, I was pretty sick and had committed my sick-self to go over to a, also sick, friends for dinner. We decided that she’d do dinner and I’d do dessert. I trawled Pinterest looking for a quick and easy, no fuss dessert that was also delicious. I stumbled across this homemade bounty bar recipe and decided to give it a whirl! While it wasn’t the most traditional “dessert” it went down a treat.
These delicious bounty bars were very quick to make, taking all of five minutes to measure and mix together, but there is a bit of waiting time to complete them.
// Homemade Bounty Bar Recipe
Prep time: 20mins
Wait time: 1hr
Overall time: About 1hr 30min
Makes: About 16-18 bars
What You’ll Need
- 3 C Flaked Coconut
- 2/3 C Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 C Icing Sugar
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and icing sugar. Mix together well. It should be sticky
- Wet hands and form small bars of coconut mixture. I made 16 in my batch and found they could’ve been smaller
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour until coconut bars are firm
- Melt the dark chocolate as per packet instructions.
- Dip and coat each coconut bar until completely covered. Place on tray with baking paper and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up the chocolate
Keep refrigerated to keep them fresh. These are perfect to make the night before (or even a few days before) a party or event. You could get creative and add toppings to the chocolate before it dries too – like almonds, cashews, more coconut or even more chocolate!